Shelter Home for Girls – Tughlakabad
Prayas shelter home for girls forms a part of the IJJ with the provision of facilities like shelter, food, alternative education, recreation, counseling, health care and vocational training for girls in the age group of 06-18 years. Most of the girls in the home have come from extremely difficult background, including some from Delhi's Red light area. About half of these girls have been enabled to attend regular schools as part of their mainstreaming.
Services Provided at Shelter Home
* Food- Counselling
* Shelter- Educational Facilities
* Clothing-Recreational Facilities
Expertise and Experience in providing Institutional Care to Children
Prayas has been running several Children’s Homes in Delhi and other states. In Delhi, Prayas runs the following Children’s Homes & Shelter Homes:
* 15 Children went to attend a Book Fair at Pragati Maidan in February.
* Children’s Home for Girls at Tughlakabad (Capacity 55)
* Children’s Home for Boys at Jahangirpuri (Capacity 200)
* Observation Home for Boys at Delhi Gate (Capacity 50)
* Shelter Home for Boys at Lahori Gate (Capacity 30)
* Drop-in Shelter for Boys at Nabi Karim (Capacity 20)
Prayas also runs an Observation Home in Johrat, Assam. In Bihar, Prayas has two shelter homes, one each in Samastipur and Motihari. IN Gujarat, Prayas has one shelter home in Ahmedabad.
Prayas ImpactReal Impact, Measurable Results
fundraising & donation campaign
of beneficiaries have increased coping skills
of beneficiaries saw an increased income or educational level
increased community needs
It’s not just a donation, it’s an
investment in a children’s future…