Name of Project :- Astha PrayasState :- Jwala Nagar, New Delhi (East Delhi)Areas :- covered Vivek ViharWorking with :- Marginalized and Working Children
Astha Prayas was a local initiative set up and taken under the wing of Prayas. This self reliant project caters for the slum children of East Delhi. Problems Younger children in this area cannot afford to go to Government Schools and thus would receive no education whatsoever without the support of Prayas.
The children cannot afford medical fees either and can develop long-term illnesses if simple illnesses are untreated. Older children may have no qualifications and also may not be able to afford any qualification. Thereby, being stuck in the poverty trap.
The following services have been provided by Prayas to deal with these issues
* Vocational training to 96 poor girls.
* o -25 self-employment.
* Daily Mid-Day Meals to 80 children.
* Non-Formal Education to 130 children
* o -12 Mainstreamed into Government Schools.
* Health program for 130 children
* Library, regularly by 28 children
* The children have also been brought on adventure trips and taught rock-climbing and treking. Children from this project have recieved prizes for painting and dance.
Prayas ImpactReal Impact, Measurable Results
fundraising & donation campaign
of beneficiaries have increased coping skills
of beneficiaries saw an increased income or educational level
increased community needs
It’s not just a donation, it’s an
investment in a children’s future…